1

Loading...

вторник, 15 мая 2018 г.

Bianca Van, the daughter of Jean-Claude Van Damme is even more agitated than he is



"It's not like I call him 'Hey, Daddy, let's get some and talk about life.'  We'll go to the gym and kick and stuff."

DO NOT cross the path of the delicious Bianca Van Damme.

With her eyes open and pouty lips, she looks like pinup perfection - and then she jumps in a perfect roundhouse shot. "I want to show little girls and boys that you can be both physical and feminine, that you can cross your legs at the dinner table and then give a nice, feminine butt," says the 27-year resident of West Village.





"Just as my father brought martial arts into the mainstream for my generation - I want to continue that legacy." It is a bold statement for the actress and film producer. After all, she spent her childhood telling her father, Jean-Claude Van Damme, also known as "The Muscles from Brussels," and her mother, bodybuilder Gladys Portugues, who "hated" martial arts. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.



Jean-Claude paved the way for pop culture awareness in martial arts action films like "Bloodsport," "Kickboxer," and "Street Fighter," providing a comfortable life for Bianca and her brother Kristopher, now 28. "My parents When I was young, my mother pushed me into the martial arts for self-discipline. I was 7 and I liked, 'I can not stand it,' "Bianca recalls. "I put it with ballet and ice skating." Eventually, the family moved from Los Angeles to Vancouver, British Columbia. "As a teenager," says Bianca, "I was so focused on speed skating, I wanted to be in the Olympics." An injury forced her to reconsider her options. "I was stuck for a while," he admits.


Bianca began acting - and eventually doing martial arts - alongside her father in 2008's "The Shepherd: Border Patrol." Although she liked the experience, she was not too serious. Bianca admits, "I did not like what I saw on the screen when I watched my first movie. I realized that if that was what I was going to do, I had to do it right." Then she bent down, determined to work more and She has already co-starred in six of Jean-Claude's films and even co-produced some of them.In the beginning, she was credited as Bianca Van Varenberg - her father's surname - and then as Bianca Bree (an abbreviated version of her second name, Brigitte), even while acting alongside Jean-Claude, felt compelled to distance herself.


"It's complicated," she says. "I always have people coming in and telling me how much they love my dad. It's good to hear, but it's like, what does that have to do with me?" Adding complications is the baggage that has been growing with his surname regularly making headlines - and not all are good. In the 1990s, Jean-Claude admitted, the actor worked up to a drug habit of 10 grams of cocaine a day. There have been fights with paparazzi, allegedly deep debts and DUI arrest. He went through several rounds of rehabilitation and was diagnosed as bipolar before finally getting clean. After divorcing Bianca's mother in 1992 and a short marriage to model Darcy LaPier (with whom he has son Nicholas, now 20), Jean-Claude married the Portuguese in 1999.


She added, "Our relationship definitely had its ups and downs, but now we're cool. We talked and we passed the way, but it's not like I call it being like, 'Hey dad, lets get some and talk about We'll go to the gym and kick things. " Bianca certainly inherited her skills. Like Jean Claude, she can make crazy kicks and flying spins and even a balance split that mimics her infamous Volvo 2013 commercial. A big sign that things are better between the two Van Dammes? Bianca now uses her father's stage name professionally, even though she has signed to make movies without it. And now that she has finally embraced the family business of martial arts, daughter and father bond through competitiveness. I'll agree to meet him and then I'll be like, 'Ugh, why am I here?' I'm a perfectionist, and so is he, so he'll always give me small criticisms in my way, "she says." It'll all be like, 'Look how high my kick is!' And I'm like, 'Dad, you can not be serious - obviously, it's better than you!' ".
























































Photos reproduction / of the Web 

Source: thesuncouk / archives / news / - By ANNA DAVIES 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий